viernes, 10 de octubre de 2008

How to prepare your next English Interview? Don't know? Let's have a look,

PQ: Why would you like to work in "country"?
PA: It’s my understanding that "people from this country" are a very progressive people; they work hard and they invest a lot in research and development.I like the "people from this country" way of life. "People from this country" are very friendly and open people.


PQ: What do you think about "company"?
PA: I’ve read a great deal about the "The Company Group" and I know, for example, that it’s a world leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing added-value top-quality products for professional customers in the "whatever industry". It is an international concern, operating in over 120 countries worldwide. I know that the company delivers a high standard of professional development and I’m impressed by the way that it provides its employees with opportunities for growth. I admire "company" values too: it espouses commitment, integrity, ...


PQ: What did you study at the university?
PA: Talk about your university course and how hard it was ...


PQ: What do you do now, workwise?
PA: Well, I work from 9 am to 6 pm. As a "your role" I "tasks that you carry out".


PQ: Why do you want to work in our company?
PA: I am excited about the idea of gaining further professional experience and developing my communication skills. I would like to work for "company" because of its reputation for being a global leader in its class and as the partner company for "sector" professionals worldwide. And, of course, I would like to work for the very best.


PQ: Tell me about your salary expectations.
PA: I think the salary would be in accordance with my university qualifications and my work experience. I would like to earn enough money in order to have a reasonable standard of living.


PQ: What is your goal in 5 years?
PA: I would like to have the necessary experience and become an expert in some field of "sector". However I'm opened to new challenges and I don't mind working in marketing, human resources or any other department where I can assist with its growth. But it depends on where I'm working and the opportunities given to me by my employer.


PQ: Why should I hire you and what will you bring to our company?
PA: Well, I studied very hard at university to get a good degree and thus qualify as a "your role", though I realise that this is just the beginning and that there’s an awful lot more to learn. However, I’m an industrious (hard working) person, totally motivated and always keen to apply myself to new challenges. This job would represent a great opportunity for me to develop my professional and personal qualities and attributes. Indeed, I find the prospect of working for a top company, like "company", quite exciting. I have almost a year's experience in "whatever" too.


PQ: Name some strong points related to your character/personality and, some things you would like to improve on.
PA: STRONG: intelligent, hard-worker, good team player, generous and always positive. And I am a good communicator too.
TO IMPROVE: perfectionist, too sincere, a little bit impatient (aspects that can be positive too)


PQ: How do you work under pressure?
PA: Working under pressure presents no problems for me because in my current job we have to adhere strictly to deadlines all the time.


PQ: Why did you leave your last position?
PA: I wanted to look for more challenging opportunities.


PQ: What kinds of people do you have difficulties working with?
PA: In my previous jobs I worked with men and women from very diverse backgrounds and cultures. The only time I had difficulty was with people who were dishonest about work issues.


PQ: We expect managers to work more than 8 hours day. Do you have a problem with that?
PA: I have no problem working long hours. I have worked 12 or 14 hour days. What I have found works for me is to work diligently, not necessarily longer. My goal is to get the job done, whatever it takes, in the most efficient manner.


PQ: Tell me about a recent conflict you have encountered and how you have handled it.
PA: Usually I don't have major problems at work. If any occur I think that they can be resolved through discussion.
TIPS:
Describe the conflict objectively, and be careful about placing blame and accepting none. Give specific examples of how it was resolved or why it was not. If it was an ethical conflict, it is important that you explain your boundaries.
It’s important to deal with problems as quickly as possible and not let matters get out of hand.
One must always maintain a calm demeanour when trying to resolve such conflicts.
Be impartial.
Seek appropriate resolutions, which might entail compromise.
Once a solution has been reached and agreed upon by all sides, ensure that it is enforced.



PQ = Possible Question
PA = Possible Answer

No hay comentarios: